Watcherr is looking to hire a Data Scientist with a background in time series sensor data analysis, supervised and unsupervised machine learning and at least some background in ‘Bayesian statistics’ or ‘Bayesian probability’.
About the role
- Computer science, applied mathematics or similar technical background (e.g. physics).
- Experience writing code for data applications. ‘Python’ is essential (but they do not need to be at a super high level as a coder).
- Good understanding / knowledge of ‘Bayesian statistics’.
Would also be nice if you have…
- C/C++ proficiency.
- Proficiency with SQL and/or NoSQL databases.
- Time series statistical model analysis (e.g. ‘ARMA’/’ARIMA’ and related).
- Machine learning time series analysis (for example ‘Hidden Markov Models’ or ‘Recurrent Neural Networks’).
- Experience with modern deep learning techniques including ‘transformer networks’.
- ‘Digital signal processing’ experience e.g. ‘fourier transforms’.
Please do not apply if you…
- Are a generic ‘deep learning’ or ‘machine learning’ person, although it would depend on what you have worked on in the past. E.g. ‘image classification’ is a big part of deep learning but not very useful for this role.
- Have ‘NLP’ (Natural Language Processing) as your focus.
- Are a generic statistician.
- Are a pure mathematician, or an applied mathematician without coding experience.
How to apply
Please send your application, including your CV and a cover letter explaining a bit about yourself and why you’re suitable for this position, directly to email@example.com.